Tuesday, April 28, 2009

KAYAK HOOKUP


Searching Craigslist today, I came across a sit-on-top kayak for sale. I was planning on picking up a kayak before my trip, but the prices of them were a lot more than I anticipated. After all, a brand new one was running a typical $345, and then you had to buy a paddle, which would set you back another $60-$120! A lot more than I planned to spend. Then I figured I'd just rent one when I got out to Lake Powell for $30-$45 a day. Well, I'd be spending an easy $100 for a two day rental, and I would like to have one to maybe screw around in Colorado also...
So I saw this Pelican Burst DLX for $200. Paddle included...the photos looked good. I drove a good 2 hours to go check it out, and I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, this thing was used ONE TIME, and was in mint condition. Needless to say, I snatched it up and I am quite happy with the deal I got. Now I have something to explore Lake Powell with. Sweeeeeeet!!

No comments: