Monday, July 13, 2009

St. Augustine

I went to visit a friend of mine and his family in St. Augustine this weekend. I've known him for about 15 years, and we decided to hit the town and see some of the sights. After a good dinner at Mikato's, which is a teppanyaki restaurant in the downtown area, we visited some of the well known areas. You gotta have big balls to check out this city, and as evidenced by the below picture, I had no issues with that...

We went to the fort, which is absolutely an amazing piece of history. I always enjoy coming to this spot. This time I went around sunset, and the colors made for some prime photo ops.





We also went to the Fountain of Youth, and the picture below is where Pnce DeLeon landed when he came to America (accidentally) while searching for the Fountain that was rumored to be in Bimini. I also drank from the fountain. The water tasted pretty darn good, since it was fresh spring water. I don't feel any younger, but I didn't get ameobic dysentery either...


It made for a very relaxing weekend.



No comments: