Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tsali Recreation Area-Day two


The first day at Tsali after a short drive from Bull Mountain, I settled down with a nice steak dinner after some AWESOME singletrack riding.


The Tsali Rec area lies right on Lake Fontana. There are two main loops, the left and right Tsali loop trails, as well as Thompson loop and Mouse Branch trail. Today, I tackled the left loop, since I had heard it was great for views and had some more technical areas than the right loop. Let me tell ya, I was NOT disappointed. These trails are the most amazing I have been on (aside from Thunder Mountain, of course). They offered some tremendous views of the lake, had some wickedly fast downhill runs, and some mildly technical rock sections. Nothing too crazy, though. The uphills were pretty tough, but I made it up about 90% of them.

There was a lot of mud on the trail, and I got my fair share!

I rode about 13 miles today, and relaxed by the fire at the end of the day. The campground was right in the smack middle of all the trailheads- definitely a very convenient riding area. I will definitely come back here again!!

No comments: