Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetaddict/map?&fLat=33.1216&fLon=-98.6398&zl=13&map_type=sat&order_by=recent
I'm still messing around with some stuff and trying to see what programs will work the best for me out on the road. I tried using PICASA the other day to upload some of my pics from my new Droid. Picasa is good because it works well with Google/Google Earth, and supports GPS data saved on the picture. Problem is, Picasa is about as user-friendly as a rabid wolverine. I uploaded my pics to it, then clicked on something to post it on GE, and the next thing I know, it changed all my recent photo GPS data to some arbitrary city in KANSAS....what the fu**????!
So, being frustrated with Picasa, I started messing with Flickr, which I had used in the past with my Blackberry. Flickr is pretty cool, has an integrated "my places" map, which I posted a link to above. Problem is, I cannot upload the pics directly from my phone to Flickr using the browser- that's something I have to do when I get home. I can upload them to Picasa, and hope that Picasa doesn't fudge the coordinates and I can view them on GE later...there's a lot of stuff to learn.
I tried using a program to load data directly to my blog, but it seems pretty useless. I am going to delete it and try something else.

No comments: