Sunday, May 2, 2010

ROAD TRIP 2010- Day 1-3

Day ONE:
Depart from Tampa area en route to Lafayette, LA. This should be about a 12 hour drive. Last year, I stayed at a lousy KOA right next to a freeway and slept HORRIBLY. This year, I am staying at a Travelodge.

Day TWO:
Lafayette, LA. to Amarillo, TX. This is a fairly long and boring leg, but should also be right around 12 hours to 13 hours of drive time. Staying in the 'ol Travelodge in Amarillo, where I spent last year's stay. Convenient, comfortable, and free breakfast!

Day THREE:
Amarillo, TX to Sedona, AZ. Not too bad of a drive, should be right around 10 hours. I plan on taking the scenic Oak Creek Canyon road into Sedona, and staying at Cave Springs Campground. I chose this campground because it has shower facilities, and is right next to Oak Creek. Looks like a very nice setting. I also chose to hit Sedona first, because I want to get my girlfriend (who is accompanying me this year) acclimated to riding at a higher altitude. Some of Sedona's trails are easier, so this is a good warmup ride. Also very scenic.

above: Cave Springs Capground scenery

No comments: