Sunday, May 2, 2010

ROAD TRIP 2010- Day 6

Today, we leave Sedona and head north to Lees Ferry, which is an area near Marble Canyon along the Colorado River near Page and Lake Powell. This is one of the few areas along the Colorado where you can have access right down to the river itself, just downstream from Glen Canyon Dam. I am planning on camping right in the area, and there are campgrounds right along the river.

This is a nice area, and we plan on doing some tours in Page during our stay here. On our way to this area, I am planning a side drive to the Grand Canyon South Rim. My girlfriend has never seen teh Grand Canyon before, and I figure a stop along the rim and Desert View watchtower would be a nice addition for her. I want to leave early in the morning from Sedona in order to make this drive and arrive in Lees Ferry before the campsites fill up. If we cannot find a campsite here, then I will be heading over to Wahweap marina CG (where I stayed last year), and we will set up shop there. It's not as rustic and quiet, but it will have to do if that is the case.

No comments: