Thursday, July 8, 2010

BACK TO THE GRIND, KAYAK...TAKE TWO!

Well, after my last kayak fiasco, I decided to bite the bullet and give it another shot. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods where I grabbed a Pelican Potomac sit in kayak. The weather has been lousy out here lately, with all the tropical moisture in the Gulf, so I finally managed a day this past weekend in between downpours to try it out.
We took the 'yaks out to Dunedin Causeway, and paddled out to Caladesi Island. I was a bit tippy in it at first, but after getting down the paddling motion and finding my center of gravity, I managed okay. The kayak tracked somewhat poorly at first, but I think this was mainly due to the current and my paddling inexperience.
We are planning a run to Rainbow River or Crystal River this weekend, so I shall get some more "seat time". I plan on bringing the GoPro, so I should also have some cool video as well.
Cheers!

No comments: