Tuesday, December 2, 2008



I bought a Trek 4300 hardtail as my starter bike. It was inexpensive enough that I didn't feel too guilty grabbing it. I have upgraded the pedals with some Mosh step pedals and also swapped out the rear tire with some Panaracer Fire XC's for some more bite in the turns... the original Bontragers sucked.
This bike has taken some punishment (as have I), and it's still going strong on all the original components except the seat and rear brake pads.
I was hoping to get a dual suspension bike before my trip, but I seriously doubt that will happen. I also don't anticipate any major jumps or drops where I will actually need that kind of setup; the hardtail is just fine for my speed. This picture was taken at Santos Mountain Bike park in Ocala, Florida. This place is an outstanding ride for beginners and advanced riders alike. A lot of easy trails you can do with the kids or physically challenged, or if you want to hit some big drops and do some technical riding, this is where it's at.

No comments: