Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodbye 2008...here we go, 2009





Well, let's see how this year treats me. 2008 was quite a variety of pleasures and pains for me. I was told to move out of the home my wife and I shared for 15 years, after learning she had been lying to me. I lived with my parents for a brief time, moved into a very nice rental home with a roommate I barely know, took up mountain biking and fell in love with that sport, and scratched and clawed my way through the holidays- sometimes with my two girls, sometimes without. All in all, if I had to sum it up, this year was quite a growing experience for me. I can't say it was all bad; but it certainly wasn't all good.
2009 will still carry over some of the pain from 2008, as my divorce is not yet final. But I feel that once it is, I can begin to heal and get back into the swing of what I call life. I am kind of checked out for now; feeling only alive on my days off. Biking has been giving me some sanity, and since it's winter here, jetskiing has taken a backseat. I plan on hitting the Daytona Beach Motosurf/Freeride event in another week or so, and that will fulfill my yearning to ride for the time being.
Happy belated New Year to all my friends who still stick by me and offer me reassurance that "everything will work out in the end". I know it will. Just where "the end" is exactly, I don't know, but I sure hope it will give me a hint of its arrival this year.

No comments: