Monday, April 20, 2009

EPIC RIDE 09- Red Canyon to Page, AZ and Lake Powell!


Ahhh, the R&R portion of my journey. I came to the small town of Page, Arizona back in 2007 for a family vacation, and actually fell in love with it. It wasn't so much the town, but the lake that caused this love affair. I was on a houseboat for that week, exploring slot canyons and swimming in the crisp waters of Lake Powell-enjoying the dead silence that engulfed each star-filled-sky night, and it was then that I realized I would be back here soon.
While I am in Page, I plan on checking out real estate and some of the surrounding areas- I plan on moving here the day after I retire...which is in about 13 years. I am going to make a side trip to Monument Valley, and also plan on seeing Antelope Canyon. I have two full days here and two half days. If time allows, I may try to rent a kayak and explore some of the shoreline near my campsite. There isn't any MTB'ing in the immediate area, so the bike will be safely stored whilst I explore the area. I figure between Monument Valley and Antelope Canyon, I should be pretty occupied. There is plenty of time for a return visit- and I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of kayaking when I relocate.
I'm taking this time to recuperate and rest up before I head off to Sedona, AZ., where I will no doubt be destroying my legs and cardiovascular system yet again!

No comments: