Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EPIC RIDE 2009-Continued....


This day promises to be a very scenic and cool drive, since I personally have never been into Colorado, ever. I have driven out to Lake Powell/ Las Vegas from Tampa (made that trip in 2007), so I am familiar with the route thus far. The route takes me through Durango, CO, which is rumored to have some kick ass bike trails, but my terminus is Fruita, Colorado. I have a nice campsite set up along a river, and hope to get in some serious rest before the next day, which begins my FIRST DAY OF OFFICIAL MTB'ing. Woo hoo!

MARY'S LOOP-HORSETHIEF BENCH
First ride of the trip. Mary's Loop is an intermediate trail. The network offers great fast singletrack, really technical sections and amazing views. A must ride in Fruita, according to Singletracks.com. Mary's offers awesome scenery and great singletrack. Horsethief gives you technical challenges.

CHUTES AND LADDERS:
Smooth singletrack with very little effort required. The trail gradually makes its way up to the bookcliffs. At the cliffs, you'll see why this trail is called chutes and ladders. A few nice drops and switchbacks and then the very sweet ride back down the hill. The scenery may be sparse but the jumps and twists in the trail make up for it. There are tons of trails here where you would least expect them and they are well worth the trip. I plan on hitting this one after my first ride, but if I am too dead to attempt it, I may hit it the next morning.


No comments: