Saturday, July 18, 2009

New SID Team Fork

I somehow bottomed out my original Rock Shox fork that came with the Fuel, and pretty much laid it to rest. It was still under warranty, so I took it to the local Trek bike store for repair. COme to find out, the thing was pretty much irreparable, so they sent it to Rock Shox for an exchange. After 2 weeks of waiting, I finally got the replacement- a Rock Shox SID Team fork. Now, for those of you who don't know, the SID series are one of the top of the line race forks on the market and is standard equipment on many high-end MTB's these days. Although the fork isn't really meant for being brutalized it is a lightweight and very forgiving fork for all-mountain. This is a dual air model, with rebound abjustment and a gate adjustment. So this fork is highly tunable. I have to give it a ride this weekend to see where the ideal settings are for my riding style. I can already notice a large difference in front end weight, and the front end of the bike seems much more "tossable" now.

No comments: