Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tattoo Redoo

I've had the tattoo on my left arm for almost 17 years now. I originally got it at Purple Panther on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood, California. I got it right after I met my ex, and the dragon (then) symbolized strength and patience. Now, many years after that, it still symbolizes the same things...but for different reasons. Strength to have dealt with the divorce and patience to deal with all the issues I have endured over the past year.
I had the Japanese writing added after the dragon. There's kind of a lengthy story about what it means and why I left it there-which I'd rather keep private. It's a humorous anecdote in a way to how my life has went...almost ironic. I'll save that for another day. Right now, I'm sore and bleeding, I must tend to my wounds!

No comments: